segunda-feira, 3 de dezembro de 2018

CHARACTER IN FOCUS: Kate Mullen, "Ransom" (1996)

Rene Russo in her first suspense movie, as Kate Mullen.
(photo - Touchstone Pictures)
Known as doing action and comedy movies, Rene Russo did her first suspense movie in November 1996, with Ransom. Kate Mullen is the most emotionally distressing role in Ms. Russo's acting career... and also reunited her with Mel Gibson, in which both played wealthy parents and their son was abducted and held for ransom.


In this movie, she worked again with Mel Gibson...
(photo - Touchstone Pictures)
"Here's the funny thing about Mel. When [my character] found out that my kid was missing — I didn't know how I was going to get there [emotionally]. So I got in whatever [emotional] space I was supposed to be in. Mel's the kind of person who turns it on and turns it off. Literally he is burping before action, and then he goes immediately [into] this horrific scene. And then about the second take, Mel came over and he said to me, 'You know, you're not going to last all day doing it that way.' And I went, Wow, he's right.


... and with Delroy Lindo, for the second time.
(photo - Touchstone Pictures)
So I don't know. It's different for everybody. There were a couple scenes in that film where I did have to go off and stay in a particular space. But Mel did teach me something, too. Mel is one of those actors who can just be in an unbelievable dramatic scene, and just come out of it and telling jokes. And you know what, he feels both emotions. 
I mean, Mel feels it when he's there. He goes to those dark places for real, and maybe he doesn't want to stay there too long. But some actors, they're method, and they stay there. They stay there all day. I couldn't do that. I'm more like, let's get the job done.”



Hope u like it.
loveuguys.
xoxoxo
ME

2 comentários:

  1. Adoro este filme!!! Parabéns lindona, ta cada dia mais lindo seu blog!
    bjsss
    Rosana - SBCAMPO-SP

    ResponderExcluir

Any comments, suggestions, or praises? Write here!!! (name and place included)