terça-feira, 24 de abril de 2018

CHARACTER IN FOCUS: Robby Keough, "Outbreak" (1995)

Rene Russo in a scene in Outbreak (photo: Warner Bros Pictures/Peter Sorel)

This is a follow-up for the April 10 post for "Outbreak". Now in this post... I'm going to tell some details about Rene Russo's character in Outbreak, Robby Keough. 

Dustin Hoffman (Col. Sam Daniels, in background, left) with
Rene Russo in "Outbreak" (photo: Peter Sorel/ Warner Bros.
Pictures)
Initially, in the movie "Outbreak", by Wolfgang Petersen (who directed Rene in the movie In the Line of Fire, 1993), Robby Keough, played and defended well by Russo, had a troubled relationship with her ex-husband, Col. Sam Daniels, also played well by Dustin Hoffman (love him in Kramer vs. Kramer, Rain Man, Tootsie, and other movies), because this is sent to Zaire along with Major Salt (Cuba Gooding Jr.) and Casey Shuler (Kevin Spacey). Robby also examined the first people infected by the Ebola virus, Jimbo (Patrick Dempsey) & his girlfriend. 

And also in this movie, there are multiple accidents, one of them envolves Robby, when Casey's suit tears, allowing the Ebola virus to infect him and later, him infecting her. In the end... after the "cure bomb" has dropped in California, Robby was finally cured and she and Daniels resumed their relationship.

According to Rene, in 2014: "It's really weird. We had to go to the CDC, and when I spoke to the epidemiologist, my question was, 'OK, so tell me, what's the deal? Is there going to be [an outbreak]? We've had plagues forever. What's going to happen?' And they said to me, 'It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.' And he wasn't necessarily talking about Ebola. But that freaked me out. I said, 'Well, can I keep my racal suit?!' I mean, I started making plans. I am prepared. I'm not afraid of nuclear whatever — that's fast. But I have to say, [an outbreak] would scare me. I'm not thinking it's going to come get me. I'm not paranoid. But I am prepared.
A couple times I have thought, Would they start closing borders? That's what they did in Outbreak. They started closing borders. There was a lot of panic. But mostly what comes to mind is the epidemiologist telling me, 'It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.' It's so sad, what's going on right now in Africa. It's just hard for me to watch." (Buzzfeed).
Rene in a scene of "Outbreak" (photo credits: Warner Bros. Pictures/Peter Sorel) 
Sources:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Any comments, suggestions, or praises? Write here!!! (name and place included)