segunda-feira, 29 de outubro de 2018

Character in Focus: Karen Flores, from "Get Shorty" (1995)

Rene Russo sexy in Get Shorty: a blonde wig and a wonderful wardrobe to fit in the character.
(photo - MGM Pictures)
After 3 years doing action movies (Freejack, Lethal Weapon 3, In the Line of Fire & Outbreak), Rene Russo is back to the comedy genre, now on Get Shorty, directed by Barry Sonnenfeld (Men In Black, The Addams Family) in 1995. Ms. Russo would work again with Sonnenfeld in the movie Big Trouble, in 2002. 
Rene plays Karen Flores, a B-list movie actress and also ex-wife of Martin Weir (Danny DeVito, from Matilda). She gets mixed up with the loan shark Chilli Palmer (John Travolta), who discovers he's an ace in the movie business. 
One of Rene's first scenes in Get Shorty was her in a Lakers t-shirt. loooove!
(Photo - MGM Pictures) 
According to Ms. Russo... "She was an observer more than anything, I think, and she got the joke. Even though she was a B actress in scream flicks, I still think she was looking around her, kind of like, 'Oh god.' She was judging it, maybe in a way that I would, where I would roll my eyes at things. I get the joke. I think that's the quality that I gave to her. She didn't miss that much. Even though she was a B actress, I don't think she was desperate to be anything than what she was.

I love John. John is very, very funny. John's fun. He's really, really quirky. He loves to eat. He loves food. He'd always have great food in his trailer. He'd have great chocolates. 'Here, have a chocolate.' I loved working with him."

Rene sexy and chic... ready to impress John Travolta.
(photo - MGM Pictures)

enjoy this post!
loveuguys. 
xoxoxo
ME


2 comentários:

  1. Parabéns!!!! Vc faz tudo com carinho, continue assim, vc é fã e fã ama seu ídolo!!! Parabéns mais uma vez!!! bjss lindona.
    Rosana - SBCAMPO-SP

    ResponderExcluir

Any comments, suggestions, or praises? Write here!!! (name and place included)