segunda-feira, 30 de julho de 2018

CHARACTER IN FOCUS: Lilly Raines, "In the Line of Fire" (1993)

Lilly Raines in her office... (photo credits: Columbia Pictures)
For the first time in movies, male Secret Service Agents work with women, and that happens in the movie In the Line of Fire (1993), with Frank Horrigan (Clint Eastwood, great in Dirty Harry movies, Gran Torino, Million Dollar Baby, and others) and Lilly Raines (Rene Russo). 
Rene's Lilly Raines in this movie has a double function: as a Secret Service associate and a lover. Even Frank and Ms. Raines had a difficult start together, during the movie their relationship began to concretize when Mr. Horrigan said to himself: "If she looks back, that's means she's interested."
Rene Russo all eyes on Clint Eastwood: sexiness and seduction
is on her way. (photo credits: Columbia Pictures)
And also during the movie, Frank and Lilly's conversation were all about jazz, work, strategy and mainly romance. For movie critic Roger Ebert, it looked like a real conversation between real people. And thanks to Lilly, she saved Frank from the killer Mitch Leary (John Malkovich), who was thrown up high in the elevator. 
And the ending was like a fairytale ending.... Lilly ended happily with Frank. #verycute. 

Lilly Raines' first impressions about Frank: only enchantment.
(photo credits: Columbia Pictures)

According to Ms. Russo, in 2014.... "Well, first of all, he was the only actor I've ever been intimidated by. We were being driven to set together, I don't know why. It usually doesn't happen. But I was in the car, and I just didn't know what to say to him. I was blathering on about nothing. I mean, talk about embarrassing. 'Blah blah blah blah blah' — and he did not say one word. He's wonderful. [But] he did not say one word. 


We made a pact. I eat garlic and he eats garlic. And so we promised each other that we would both eat garlic, so we would cancel each other out, and we wouldn't have to give up our garlic. And then I had to come back for the love scene — because there was a period there where I wasn't shooting, and he was. It was about three weeks or a month. And when I came back, I was pregnant (of Rose Gilroy), and I really couldn't eat garlic. So, yeah, that was a really difficult love scene. I mean, I had morning sickness. I was like, Are you going to hold this together here?" 
Rene Russo: concentration and elegance.
(photo credits: Columbia Pictures)
Hope u like it.
loveuguys.
xoxoxo
ME

4 comentários:

Any comments, suggestions, or praises? Write here!!! (name and place included)