segunda-feira, 28 de maio de 2018

CHARACTER IN FOCUS: Nina Romina, "Nightcrawler" (2014)

Rene Russo as Nina in Nightcrawler (2014) (photo credits: Open Road Films)
For Rene (Russo), Nina Romina, from "Nightcrawler" was the most challenging character in her career. Her main mantra is "if it bleeds, it leads" (main words of sensationalism journalism). This talented actress initially didn't need any reference or inspiration in her real life for this situation. Until she said: “I realized, Oh my God, I have crossed many moral boundaries in my life and it’s always been out of fear or loss or desperation”. 

Lorna from Lethal Weapon 3 and Nina from Nightcrawler: same atitude and same beauty, but different ways
to cope with the "weapon" (photo credits: Warner Bros Pictures/Laura Cavanaugh - Getty Images/
collage:M.E.Serrano)

Like I said on the second part of Rene's bio on my blog, Nina Romina has some similarities with Lorna Cole in Lethal Weapon 3 (1992), in attitude and beauty aspects. But in coping with the "weapon", it's different: with Lorna, she uses the gun as a weapon (because she's an internal affairs detective); now with Nina, the words are her "weapon" (like in Madonna's song Words in 1992: "words, they cut like a knife, cut into my life".), because in Nightcrawler, Nina works as a news director. Relating Madonna's song to Rene's character... Lou (portrayed by the talented Jake Gyllenhaal)'s words cut like a knife, making Nina a victim (Lou, in Nightcrawler, is the sociopath of the story).

Rene Russo, as always, doesn't lose her beauty! (photo credits: Open Road Films)

 And back to Nina... many people are divided: “People have told me she’s a victim, others have told me she’s completely in control. Some people find her sympathetic and others just find her to be a bitch and evil. So I’ve been given a lot of credit for all kinds of performances I wasn’t aware of. " laughed Rene. When Nina shouts at Lou: “I want what you promised me. I want something people can’t turn away from.", it brings some climax to the movie!!!
Sources:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/la-et-mn-rene-russo-20141218-story.html
https://www.backstage.com/interview/supporting-2014-rene-russos-struggle-find-her-character-nightcrawler/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD5JcGGr5GE&t=1s

Hope u like it!
Love u guys!
xoxoxo 

ME








2 comentários:

Any comments, suggestions, or praises? Write here!!! (name and place included)